Friday, September 17, 2010

&c

So... I've been quite enjoying Paris. I'm having a little bit of an art overload, with the Louvre and the Musee d'Orsay - that might not seem like a lot but when you consider how HUGE the Louvre is... it's a lot. I fortunately discovered that I can get into museums free with my French visa, since I'm 25. I have to see everything before April, when I'll turn 26 and lose my free museum privileges! Anyway Paris is just gorgeous, I love walking around and looking at all the buildings. I gotta really get cracking on French so that I can get another job here in a year and move into Paris proper, rather than a little suburb (although my suburb is super cute too!).
I went out the other night to a book club where I met some cool people, and afterwards went to a little cafe and had a salad with goat cheese on toast for dinner (yum). I stopped at another cafe today after strolling around all the shopping on the Rue de Rivoli and around Concorde, and had a crepe with tomato, walnuts, and (again) goat cheese. The other day around Montmartre I had some awesome creme brulee flavor gelato (I'm sure it wasn't authentic, but it was certainly delicious!).
I found some great boots while I was wandering around, they were super cool and had a low enough heel that they'd probably be comfortable to walk in. There are lots of flat boots around, but I don't want flat boots; they don't look so good on me since I'm short, and also it's more comfortable for me to have at least a slight heel, rather than completely flat soles. These boots were brown, which would be a first for me if I get them - I've never had brown boots before. They came in black too, but I liked the brown better; you could see the detailing better on them.
It's getting colder every day now, so I need some boots for trekking around the city in and for taking Manon to school in the morning.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you are enjoying great art, good French cheeses, and fun shoe (and boot!) shopping in Paris, Sarah!

Wish I could be there, too! -Aunt Sam