Saturday, November 10, 2007

Just some stuff

I finished training with Gaba, so I'll be going in tomorrow to set up my schedule. I'll be working at Seijo, which is nice because it's really close, only about fifteen or twenty minutes away. I might try to move to Seijo once we're evicted, it's a pretty nice area and it's on an express stop, up a little closer to central Tokyo.
I went out last night with some Japanese friends; it was fun, although communication was a little difficult at times! Aki actually speaks quite good English, but the rest are at a bit lower level, so it was kind of a mix of broken English on their part and broken Japanese on my part, haha. It was amusing sometimes - one of the dishes we ordered came with salmon roe, and Nobu went "salmon babies!" I cracked up, although I guess it was technically accurate, lol.
I've actually got a private lesson lined up tomorrow with one of Aki's friends, which should help a bit in getting by until my first Gaba paycheck.
I'm really sad that I have no money right now, since two of my favorite Japanese bands are touring through November and December! I was all excited when I first found out, then I remembered that I have no money. Kawaisou (sad)! I actually probably wouldn't be in such bad shape if I didn't have to buy train tickets all the time. Half my money goes to train tickets, the other half to food. I've been going through the gates illegally lately, to save money. Since the train stations are so crowded, you can actually get away with just buying the lowest fare and then really quickly walking through the gates before they close on you.
I guess that's it for now... I should get to sleep soon since I want to get to Shibuya a little early tomorrow to make sure I can find the cafe I'm meeting Aki's friend at. It's impossible to find places here since nothing has an actual address and half the streets don't have names.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kinki Kids Dome! Kinki Kids Dome!

You know what the name of the tour is? "WE ARE (PHI)'N 39!!! AND U???" ahaha